Our first Team Trivia was an absolute blast, with members engaging in rounds of tantalizing questions that tested their geeky prowess. The atmosphere was electric, especially during Round 3, when Lawrence brought the house down with his epic rap verses. The competition was fierce, with Enterprise Geeks narrowly clinching victory over Winning Geeks of Room 2. Their prize? An exclusive group Green Room session.
For those who missed this exhilarating event, don't fret! You can play along with the questions listed below. Grab a pen (or pencil) and paper, test yourself and reveal the answers at the end with a click on the toggle button. And remember, always stay tuned and don't miss our next thrilling trivia session!
Round 1: The Classic
- “The Man Trap” is the first-ever episode of Star Trek to air…however what was the first episode produced?
2. During Brad Wright’s pitch for Stargate, the fire alarm went off. Which awkward setting did Brad have to finish his pitch?
a. Packed like sardines in the MGM Parking Structure
b. While crossing the street to the Beverly Canon Gardens
c. Same meeting room with the alarm blaring every 2 seconds
3. According to Disney+’s Timeline Order of the MCU, which movie is between…
4. In 1902, this is considered the first ever sci-fi film.
5. How much did Detective Comics #27, the first appearance of Batman cost in 1939?
6. Pokemon has been reported as the biggest IP in the world beating out Hello Kitty, Star Wars, and Mario. How did the franchise start?
b. Gameboy game
c. Card game
7. Spielberg originally wanted Gertie Taylor to feed E.T. “What candy”, but the company refused believing E.T would frighten children?
8. What is the temperature in which books burn?
9. What colour pill does Neo take in The Matrix?
10. Which rock was Malaysian actress Michelle Yeoh, who won Best Actress at the 2023 Academy Awards for her role in Everything Everywhere All At Once?
- Left - Brown
- Right - Grey
Round 2: Don't Go Shipping My Heart
The following are mashups of some of fandom's favorite 'ships (relationships). Name the two characters.
- If you proficiently observe these two, you might find a clue to who they are.
- No matter in the US to Russia or Summer to Winter, these two can be my hero anyday, as long as it’s between 1942 and today.
- These rebels are maybe the sexiest pair in the entire galaxy!
- This trio are pure magic!
- Isn’t it Horrible when your favorite couple don’t end up together?
Round 3: Mo Movies, Mo Problems
Decode the rap to determine what movie or show is being talked about.
- Beginning the Journey
In a land of shadows, where power's the thing,
Evil's eye burning, darkness it'd bring.
A journey embarked, from winter to spring,
Guided by age, against a dark king.
- Where my West Coast Playas at?
Sea's depths stirring, monsters on the climb,
Mankind's last stand, fighting against time.
Steel giants rise, two minds, one rhyme,
Battle for survival, in the city's frontline.
- Let's keep it flyin'
Galactic cowboy at the helm, crew tight and true,
Markets in the sky, heists in the deep blue.
Mysterious companion, siblings on the fly,
Chasing freedom in the vast starry sky.
- This ain't MC Hammer
Hammerless hero, still electrified skies,
Gladiator ring, where an old friend lies.
Sister's rise, kingdom's demise,
With lightning in hand, against the end he vies.
- Gotta time that beat
Time's game twisted, through the galaxy we hustle,
Black hole riddles, space-time muscle.
Cornfields to cosmos, life's silent rustle,
Love's gravity pulls, through the universe's tussle.
- Put my thing down, flip it, and reverse it
Time loops, battles repeat like a rhyme,
Alien fight, a soldier's dance with time.
Death to restart, every fall's a climb,
War's reset, chance for a different prime.
- Are you getting these songs now?
Realms and power, plots beneath the tree,
Winged shadows, a dance, destiny.
Seasons' change, honor and trickery,
A quest for the seat, in kingdoms' tapestry.
- This one's not easy to see
World in chaos, sight takes flight,
Blindfolded journey, day turns to night.
Mysteries unfold, survival's might,
Fear's blind dance, in apocalyptic light.
- Beats and Time
Leaping through time, a man's fate to entwine,
Altering lives, one chance at a time.
Past to present, a mission so divine,
Changing history's rhyme, it's a complex climb.
- Did you see this coming?
Future's eyes open, crimes before debut,
Visionary justice, crimes they construe.
Cop turned fugitive, a new path to pursue,
In a world of foresight, truth's overdue.
- "The Cage"
- Black Widow
- A Trip to the Moon
- 10 cents
- Video game
- 451 Fahrenheit
- Right - Grey
- Sherlock Holmes and John Watson as Johnlock
- Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes as Stucky
- Poe and Finn as Finnpoe (or Stormpilot)
- Harry, Ron, and Hermione (aka The Golden Trio)
- Dr. Horrible and Captain Hammer
- Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
- Pacific Rim
- Thor: Ragnarok
- Edge of Tomorrow
- Game of Thrones
- Bird Box
- Quantum Leap
- Minority Report
How'd you do? Let us know in the comments!