Welcome to a special 30-minute version of Brad Wright’s Conversations in Sci-Fi Episode 5 with special guest Naren Shankar, a writer and producer whose career has taken in everything from Star Trek: The Next Generation to Farscape to his current show The Expanse. For diehard fans, there’s an epic 72-minute extended cut available only to members of The Companion. Also check out the library of Stargate articles, videos and full versions of the podcasts here .
Become a member and access the hundreds of hours of expert insight articles, character deep dives, behind the scenes stories, and hear straight from cast and crew themselves. We promise to blow your socks off, but if you don’t like it you can cancel any time.
In the full conversation, The Expanse executive producer talks to Brad about swearing on Syfy, the lack of science in Star Trek, taking his show to Amazon Prime, and the genius of authors Ty Franck and Daniel Abraham. The two veteran showrunners also share war stories from their time together on The Outer Limits creating ray guns out of garden tool extensions, as well as answer your questions on working with puppets on Farscape and Stargate.
Let Us Know What You Want To See
We’ve been doing this for a year and over that time we’ve published Stargate scoops that have left the fandom reeling. We’d like to do that for your favorite shows too, whether they’re The Expanse, Star Trek, or something else entirely. Take a look at what we’ve done so far and let us know what you’d like to see next next:
Submit your ideas for articles you’d like to read, people you’d like to see interviewed, or shows you’d love to see covered. We can’t wait to hear from you.
Our Groundbreaking New Project
Brad Wright has asked one of the world’s leading experts in artificial intelligence to help us to generate an original Stargate script for the cast to perform live for members of The Companion.
Sign up to reserve your place at the live stream reunion and receive a limited edition hand-numbered Script Title Page. Membership also lets you enjoy over 100 behind-the-scenes stories, podcasts, and interviews from your favorite sci-fi series, as well as invites to future events.
The Companion is Where Stargate Happens
- Brad Wright shared the first details on the new Stargate series with us – that it was a continuation, not a reboot.
- In conversation with Michael Shanks on his Companion podcast, Brad teased the return of Dr. Daniel Jackson.
- We published tear-jerking deep dive on the Sam and Jacob Carter relationship that was voted Best Digital Original Content 2020 by the Stargate subreddit.
- Amanda Tapping spoke to us about her hopes for the new Stargate series.
- On his Companion podcast, Brad also confirmed the Sam/Jack ship was canon by dropping a line from the new Stargate series.
- And now, we’re creating a new Stargate script that the cast will perform.