You’re currently listening to a special 30-minute version of Brad Wright’s Conversations in Sci-Fi Episode 3 with special guest Amanda Tapping, star of Stargate, Sanctuary, and Supernatural, and director of Batwoman, The Flash, and Motherland: Fort Salem.
For diehard fans it’s not over yet, we also have an epic 70-minute extended cut of the episode available only to members of The Companion. In it, Brad and Amanda discuss the future of Samantha Carter – and the future of Sam and Jack, with Brad reading off a line from his script for the new Stargate project that will have ‘shippers screaming.
Right now for a limited time only, you can get a massive 50% off your first year of membership to The Companion, where we have super-geeky Stargate analysis, more exclusive interviews, and regular live events with cast and crew.
Stargate news is broken on The Companion
This isn’t the first time one of our scoops has left fandom reeling.
– Brad Wright shared the first details on the new Stargate series with The Companion – that it was a continuation, not a reboot.
– In conversation with Michael Shanks on his Companion podcast, Brad teased the return of Dr. Daniel Jackson.
– The Companion published tear-jerking deep dive on the Sam and Jacob Carter relationship that was voted Best Digital Original Content 2020 by the Stargate subreddit.
– Amanda Tapping spoke to The Companion about her hopes for the new Stargate series.
– Joseph Mallozzi’s Companion podcast Gaters Gonna Rate revealed how SGA made a superhero out of Jason Momoa.
With her role of Sam Carter in Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis, and Stargate Universe, Amanda Tapping inspired countless young women to pursue careers in STEM, but she has blazed a trail for women as director and producer too. As Brad’s guest for the third episode of his Companion podcast, Brad Wright’s Conversations in Sci-Fi, Amanda and Brad recall her audition, share memories of the late Don S. Davis, and address the problematic aspects of early episodes, ‘Children of the Gods’ and ‘Emancipation’.