You’re currently listening to a special 30-minute version, but for diehard fans, there’s a 91-minute extended cut available only to members of The Companion members in which Ben reveals an embarrassing encounter with an Oscar winner as a young actor, and talks about the scriptwriting process behind his two episodes of Farscape, ‘Green Eyed Monster’ and ‘John Quixote’.
For the next 48 hours, you can get a massive 50% off your first year of membership to The Companion, where we have super-geeky Stargate analysis, more exclusive interviews, and regular live events with cast and crew.
Stargate news is broken on The Companion
This isn’t the first time one of our scoops has left fandom reeling.
– Brad Wright shared the first details on the new Stargate series with The Companion – that it was a continuation, not a reboot.
– In conversation with Michael Shanks on his Companion podcast, Brad teased the return of Dr. Daniel Jackson.
– The Companion published tear-jerking deep dive on the Sam and Jacob Carter relationship that was voted Best Digital Original Content 2020 by the Stargate subreddit.
– Amanda Tapping spoke to The Companion about her hopes for the new Stargate series.
– Joseph Mallozzi’s Companion podcast Gaters Gonna Rate revealed how SGA made a superhero out of Jason Momoa.
A undisputed sci-fi icon, Ben played Lt. Col. Cameron Mitchell on Stargate SG-1 from 2005 to 2007, as well as the 2008 movies The Ark of Truth and Continuum, starred in Farscape as John Crichton from 1999 to 2004, and guested in Arrow, Chuck, Doctor Who, and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
As Brad’s guest for the second episode of his Companion podcast, Brad Wright’s Conversations in Sci-Fi, Ben greeted the news of Mitchell’s comeback by urging the showrunner to get the SG-1 cast together for a reunion – something that we on The Companion are determined to make happen!