Whether you missed the opportunity to take part in the original AMA Livestream, or you want to revisit this incredible world-first, we’ve put together this all-singing, all-dancing Hollywood edit exclusively for our members to enjoy.
Over nearly 90 packed minutes, the co-creator of Stargate SG1, Atlantis and Universe, and showrunner of Netflix’s Travelers, talks about his writing process, his favorite sci-fi books, and, of course, the eagerly anticipated fourth Stargate series. He also takes questions from two very special guests, executive producer of The Expanse and veteran of Star Trek: The Next Generation, Naren Shankar, and Dark Matter creator and Stargate producer Joe Mallozzi.
Other subjects covered include:
- SF author John Scalzi’s contributions to Stargate
- The influence of Steven Spielberg and Frank Capra
- Stargate director Andy Mikita
- Writing the Travelers pilot episode
- Running a writer’s room on Stargate
- Faster than light travel
- Returning to the Aschen and the Nox
- Black Mirror and sci-fi anthologies
- Writing for Richard Dean Anderson
- Alien biology in Stargate
- Visual effects in The Mandalorian
- The Atlantis DHD design
- Shooting TV quickly and cost-effectively
- Stargate’s planet of the mimes
- Amanda Tapping’s skydiving episode of Travelers
- Adrian Tchaikovsky’s Children of Time
- Ronon Dex vs Teal’c
Watch the AMA video now and share your favourite moments in the comments below:
If you’re hungry for more, don’t forget to check the Stargate Feed to see what you might have missed.